Tuesday, April 5, 2011

No Tomorrow



No Tomorrow
by Angel Towe


I am going to die tomorrow,
But yet I haven't been born.
My mother shows no sorrow,
For I am a product of love torn.

I will never see the light of day,
I will never smell a flower,
I will never walk along a waters bay,
Or feel the drop of an Aprils shower.

It hurts for no one to show me love,
I will never be hugged or kissed,
When I have gone to the heavens above,
I wonder if I will be missed.

Today is my last day to live,
My last thought, my last breath.
Just think of all I could give,
But tomorrow I'll be put to rest.


I'm not sure how you feel about abortion and choice, (I'm not even sure how I feel) but this poem gets down to reality nonetheless. Without someone to ever love him/her, this poem touches the very soul of the controversial act of abortion by giving us the perspective of the child. Of course no one can speak for the child, but Angel Towe paints a picture of what she thinks is going on in the mind of a child that never gets the chance to live yet dies a sudden death. There are many things that we all debate about; whether pro-choice is right or pro-life. No matter the stance, there is still a baby that has no choice at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment