Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Gamer Inside

Since the dawn of man, human kind has been playing games. OK, maybe its not that serious, but games are quite fun. I've played my fair share of video games from the early days of Super Nintendo to today's PS3. Most of the games I play have been on consoles, but there is also been a great number of computer games under my belt. Don't get me wrong playing games isn't all I do, but it's just so much fun, ya know?

Of all the games I've played; ranging from strategy, adventure, action, 3rd and 1st person shooters, I must say that nothing beats a good FPS. And lately that game for me has been Modern Warfare 2.

It's a great game, it really is. Been a fan of Call of Duty ever since the beginning. Though it isn't the best in it's genre overall, it does have plenty of positive things about it. It's multiplayer plays a major part because this is what keeps players coming back. Allowing even more weapons, perks, and killstreaks was an amazing thing keep fans of the series interested. There are about 5 attachments for each weapon depending on which weapons class you're in. This makes playing with each gun a fun challenge. Also, by giving players a chance to customize the appearance of their names with titles and emblems, it makes the game a bit more unique to the person playing. And don't get me started on the Spec Ops. With this newly added feat, players can team up with a friend and complete various missions in order to unlock even more missions. These range from a walk in the park to outright impossible; but nothing is impossible to the determined!

With all of these added features who can pass up this game? I purchased the game about 2 days after it came out on November 10th. I've been addicted ever since. With the intense single player campaign, the challenging spec ops, and the addicting multiplayer, I just couldn't stop. A lot of the fellow SSB crew and I also played it a lot in the apartment and just got a kick out of it. We usually do team deathmatch and just go at it for a while.


Well that's all for now. More to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment